[mythtv-users] Problem deleting recordings with find_orphans.py NameError: global name 'NoneType' is not defined

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Thu Aug 25 15:22:40 UTC 2011

On 8/25/2011 10:47, Eric Sharkey wrote:
> I had a service outage following a lightning strike and I now have a
> lot of failed recordings to clean up.
>
> I tried to use find_orphans.py to remove them, but it fails to delete
> them.  I see that someone else posted the exact same error on
> pastebin.com three days ago:
>
> http://pastebin.com/sRCbiEjt
>
> but I don't see any other references or any obvious indications as to
> what the problem might be.  My python skills are somewhat weak.  Does
> anyone here have a suggestion?

This is an unavoidable but otherwise benign race condition.  If the
backend deletes the entry at some point between the script pulling the
entry from the database, and telling the backend to delete it, you will
get this error.  I cleaned up the bindings to handle this more
gracefully several months ago.