[mythtv-users] Boxee Box for $169 has got me thinking

Conor Klecker conor at ronoc.net
Wed Aug 24 21:15:17 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:54 PM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had a Boxee box since launch day - Do you mean using the MythBoxee app
> as a front end?

I never used the app (didn't know there was one) I was adding my myth
machine as a source with myth:// and browsing.

>  videos -> Files -> Show_names folder, not from the root tv shows view...
> Boxee munges everything up because it doesn't know which episode is which.

I remember hating this. Thanks for the tip

> UPNP - This usually "just works" but it's a mess, because it just gives a
> flat list of files and I have to scroll forever.

This also is annoying, but glad to see it isn't just me I guess.

I've been very interested into using mythfuse or MythicalLibrarian to
> populate symlinked filenames with episode info, but that won't work with my
> current setup. Once my Prime arrives and I consolidate all my tuners and
> files to one backend, I plan on trying again. The MythicalLibrarian dev is
> super responsive and good at responding to questions.
>
> If you really want to see the joy of the Boxee Box, check out Navi-X. It
> lets you do Things That Shall Not Be Mentioned on this mailing list.

Thank you!

This is the type of reply I was looking for. So, it would be great at
browsing thing already recorded, but not so much LiveTV with pause function.