[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Aug 22 19:07:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> If everyone were actually streaming live, no, it wouldn't be necessary.
> The problem comes when you start trying to diverge from live.  You only
> want a couple seconds of video in memory at any given time.

A couple of seconds is huge.  I would hope this could be kept to
somewhere in the vicinity of 200-500ms.

> The best way to handle this would be to keep the two buffers, but allow
> them to be linked, one writing to the other.  If the read buffer on the
> backend diverges too far,

If the read buffer falls too far behind, it should skip forward with
an abrupt jump and some content should be lost.  Without this, remote
control commands passed through would appear to be horribly delayed
and the system would be unusable.

Eric