[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Aug 22 18:10:41 UTC 2011

On 8/22/2011 13:58, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 11-08-22 01:51 PM, Michael Papet wrote:
>>> I need to "capture" the Netflix stream so that I can distribute it to
>>> the TVs around the house.
>> Are you kidding?  You agreed to Netflix's terms which are equivalent to renting media from a physical video store to play on ONE machine.
> Why are you assuming things he didn't say?  He didn't say he'd be
> distributing to more than one TV at the _same_ time.  He didn't say he'd
> be doing anything different than the "physical media" analogy you provided.
>
> He just implied that he wanted to virtualize the cable between the
> "physical media player" (to continue with your analogy) to the (one of
> many) television he chooses to watch the media on.

Because that's not what MythTV does.  MythTV is not a "virtual cable",
MythTV is a DVR.  Everything MythTV touches, it records to disk,
including any "livetv" sessions from a capture device attached to a
bluray player.  Intentions aside, that recording is in violation of the
terms of use for Netflix.