[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Aug 22 17:58:16 UTC 2011

On 11-08-22 01:51 PM, Michael Papet wrote:

>> I need to "capture" the Netflix stream so that I can distribute it to
>> the TVs around the house.
>
> Are you kidding?  You agreed to Netflix's terms which are equivalent to renting media from a physical video store to play on ONE machine.

Why are you assuming things he didn't say?  He didn't say he'd be
distributing to more than one TV at the _same_ time.  He didn't say he'd
be doing anything different than the "physical media" analogy you provided.

He just implied that he wanted to virtualize the cable between the
"physical media player" (to continue with your analogy) to the (one of
many) television he chooses to watch the media on.

My interpretation of what he wanted to do was no different than him
moving the physical media player from one room to another as his choice
of viewing room changes.

b.