[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun Prime iPad app

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Aug 19 22:20:58 UTC 2011

On 8/19/2011 17:42, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 21:10, Raymond Wagner<raymond at wagnerrp.com>  wrote:
>> ....  You don't have to deal with those
>> damned external power adapters.  They are evil incarnate.  One day,
>> you'll see........
> To be fair, I have not seen the bricks of the new 3 tuner
> prime, nor the inside of a 6 tuner unit to determine if the
> power supplies are of good design.  Just because it is
> internal does not guarantee it is any good.  Have you
> had the chance to open one up?  Pictures?

I don't care if the external power supply is great, but the internal
power supply is a piece of junk, I don't want external power supplies
wasting room on a power strip.

The base for my mouse has an external supply.  The base for my cordless
phones have external supplies.  My network switches have external
supplies.  My DSL modem has an external supply.  My POTS adapter has an
external supply.  My cable boxes have external supplies.  It's not like
these are mobile devices that are going to be carried around, such that
it makes sense to remove as much unnecessary weight as possible.  No,
this is just some marketing weenie telling the engineers to use external
supplies because a slightly smaller unit will be more appealing and sell
more.

Screw that.  If a device is too thick to take a C14 plug, use a C8.
Don't use an external power adapter.