[mythtv-users] After adding channel all upcoming recordings are "Not Listed"

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Aug 18 21:57:14 UTC 2011

On 08/18/2011 03:48 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> I added a channel yesterday (Canada digital transition is happening
> Sept 1st and some stations are staggering the their launches) and
> today all my regular recordings are down as "not listed". All I'm
> doing is going back in to the recording options and hitting save again
> to fix it, but why would it happen in the first place?

Not Listed means you use "this showing" rules instead of "anytime" rules
and the time changed.  (Or, perhaps you used "this channel" rules and
the channel callsign changed?)  By re-saving the rule, you're updating
it with the current channel/time info.

Generally, you want to always use "anytime" rules if at all possible,
because a broadcaster's changing a start time by even a minute after you
create a "this showing" rule will prevent a recording from occurring.
Also, FWIW, I always use "any channel" rules so they always work
regardless of what happens with my channels.

Mike