[mythtv-users] Anyone tested the DVB-T2 dual tuner TBS6280?

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 19:46:51 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 06:19 -0400, Andy Walls wrote:
> One of the bigger problems with the cx23885 driver and hardware was that things don't appear to work well with MSI enabled in the driver.  Hack your version of the driver to make sure MSI is not enabled for CX2388[578] chips.
>
> As far as the unclearable IR interrupt with MSI disabled, I've only seen that with the CX23885 on nonHauppauge cards; the CX23888 seems to be ok.  I'm sure the problem on nonHauppauge cards is simply me no knowing for sure how some of the pins on the CX23885 were wired up.

Thanks for your pointers on the pitfalls and CX25840 similarity.  That
helps considerably.

Progressing well at present.  Will keep you posted.

How would it stand legally etc if I posted a patch to this list to
support the tbs6981?  Two possible scenarios:

1. Referencing, but not requiring, a blob module built from from TBS's
tuner FE object file that they distribute.
2. Using a reversed engineered FE driver.

--
Lawrence