[mythtv-users] How is the stability and WAF of the master branch doing?

Randy Evans revans42 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:35:41 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been toying with the idea of moving to the master branch (or
> v0.25pre as github shows it) because of some repeated issues I've been
> having with 0.24.1-fixes.  A majority of the new DVD's I get don't
> play correctly (menu issues, dumping to the frontend during playback)
> and now for some reason the front end is really unresponsive (press a
> remote button and it will lag about 3 seconds before slowly
> transitioning to the next menu or trying to play a .iso DVD from
> mythvideo will hang about 20 seconds before playing).
>
> I compile mythtv myself from git and my pull yesterday didn't fix any
> of these issues.  A few weeks ago I totally reinstalled Debian testing
> to see if that would help things.  These issues seemed to crop up in
> the past few months so I'm now compiling the packaged source of -fixes
> from the main mythtv website to see if the older version is a bit
> happier.
>
> That being said, how is master doing in terms of stability?  Is anyone
> running on their main day-to-day system and still has a happy family?
> If I could get a stable system I think I'd not touch it and let it be
> until v0.25 is released...
>
> Thanks!

Although I can't answer your question about 0.25, I can say I am
seeing the same problems with playing DVD's as you are.  I also did a
complete new install based on Scientific Linux 6.1 (previously using
Mythbuntu) but the same issues were present in the new setup. --
really wish I had stayed with 0.23...