[mythtv-users] Life with both ATSC and NTSC tuners

Adam Felson adam.mythtv at thefelsons.us
Fri Aug 12 13:58:31 UTC 2011

I have two ethernet Silicon Dust (SD) HDHomeRun ATSC tuners as well as a pair of USB plextor convertX NTSC tuners.

I have two longstanding issues I'd like to get resolved.

1) There doesn't seem to be any way to match the gains of the two tuners.  I can attenuate the convertXs tuners, but not not the HDHRs.  Unfortunately it is the HDHRs that are about 10db louder than the convertXs.  Every time I switch from watching an NTSC program to an ATSC program I get blasted by the volume difference.

2) Been using mythtv for 8 years and still liveTV is too unreliable to use.  50% of the time picking a channel from the guide, or via the channel up/down buttons won't work at all even if the desired channel is on the same tuner.  40% of the time, livetv will crash on a channel change.