[mythtv-users] Long time Mythwelcome bugs?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 02:07:12 UTC 2011

You're missing somethings. ;-)

1) You don't have to start the frontend in order for something to be
recorded.
2)  Sounds like you don't have myth set up correctly to check before it
shuts down. Not at home, so I can't be more specific, but there's a setup
option to specify a program to run to check whether to shutdown or not. The
program - shutdowncheck? - honors the lock as well a recognizing when a
recording is active (and IIRC, some other things too). In my case,  I wanted
to expand on this, so I call my own shell script which calls that program
and does other tests before returning the appropriate value to signal
whether to stay up or shutdown.

Craig.