[mythtv-users] An companion script for jamu.py

Epinephrine Junky epinephrine_junky at beadon.ca
Thu Aug 11 23:54:44 UTC 2011

> What I mean is that in 0.24, there is no mechanism to programmatically
> trigger a scan.  The only scanner built into MythTV is in the MythVideo
> plugin, and can only be accessed with a keyboard or remote through the
on
> screen menu.  In 0.25, the scanner has been moved to a shared library,
and
> is now accessible to the backend through a backend protocol call.  All
you
> have to do is connect to the backend and tell it to scan.
> In 0.21-0.24, JAMU filled that role.  In 0.25, mythbackend will do it
> internally with the above script.
Ok, now I'm really looking forward to 0.25.  :)

>> Reasonable guess but the files are on a local 1.5TB drive on the
> combined
>> BE/FE. Any other ideas?  Should I try to get a log when this happens?
>
> Are you scanning from the combined FE/BE, or from a remote FE?  Are you
> using Storage Groups (set in mythtv-setup) or the old folder definitions
> (set in frontend setup)?  Is this content on something like NTFS, or is
it
> on a native Linux filesystem?
Scanning is from the FE/BE.  I don't have any other FE's so mine is a
pretty simple setup except that my Mythbox does run some other services
that necessitate it being on 24/7.  I'm using storage groups (isn't is
mandatory in 0.24?) on ext3.  It is possible that I have some residual
config from older versions of MythTV before I started using storage groups.
That's actually bitten me a few times until I renamed my machine and thus
got a "clean" FE config from which to base my settings.

I just double checked.  In my FE setup under Videos->General Settings
(1/4) all the paths are empty while running mythtv-setup shows #6 Storage
has storage groups defined for Videos, TV, etc.

thanks again,

No suggestions for Mirobridge?  Oh well.