[mythtv-users] Mac Mini - OS X Lion Server 10.7, HDHomeRun no EIT/EPG Data

Richard Ferrara richard at ferrara.net.au
Thu Aug 11 10:52:06 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have recently purchased a new Mac Mini with the intent to use it as a MythTV Backend / FrontEnd.

Prior to this I had MythBuntu 11.04 on another PC setup using my HDHomeRun, this was (and still is when turned on) receiving EIT/EPG program guide data.

After installing MythTV on the Mac Mini, everything seems to work fine, that is until I attempt to watch TV. The channel locks and I can watch TV, with MythBackend started in debug mode I can even see that it is attempting to scrape EIT data, however it is displaying nothing.

I also checked the mythconverg database's program table, it is empty. I imported mythconverg from my old server to the new one, this had the existing EIT data, once the table was purged MythBackend was not inserting anything new.

Any ideas? I have been wrangling attempting to setup shepherd on this machine all day but it would be great if I could just get EIT/EPG working!

Thanks in advance.

- Richard