[mythtv-users] DVB-T radio timeline strangeness

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Wed Aug 10 13:17:02 UTC 2011

Starting some time within the last few weeks, I have seen some
strangeness when playing back DVB-T "radio" recordings from UK Freeview
(e.g. BBC Radio 4). Specifically:

1, If I play back a recording that is currently in progress, and skip to
the end, I still hear the audio playing OK but the frontend seems to
hang - it won't respond to cursor keys or "Esc" or "I" or anything like
that. I have to pkill mythfrontend to regain control.

2, If I skip back five seconds using the left-arrow cursor key, it won't
always skip back that much - sometimes it only skips a couple of seconds.

3, If I play the recording then get to the end of the program and press
"E" then cut to the end, if I later play back the same recording to that
point, the edit point may be a few seconds away from where I thought I
had left it. E.g. the program may be cut off a few seconds early, or I
might hear a few seconds of the announcer's voice after the end of the
program.

These things may or may not be related, as they all possibly have
something to do with the on-screen time-line.

Anyone else seeing similar problems? DVB-T video programs seem OK.

I am running Ubuntu 10.10 with up-to-date 0.24-fixes from the Mythbuntu
repo.

Cheers,

John

--