[mythtv-users] 8 Years!

Cecil Watson knoppmyth at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 05:15:12 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM, Cecil Watson <knoppmyth at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > It was eight years ago today that I first introduce KnoppMyth to the
> world.
> > Thanks to all the MythTV developers for MythTV and to all the members of
> the
> > MythTV community that supported KnoppMyth and LinHES thru the years!
>
> As a point of interest, what is the market penetration of LinHES. I am
> currently using mythbuntu, but occasionally feel like going back to
> your product (previously used knoppmyth).
>
> Working on KnoppMyth/LinHES was something I started to give something back
to the community. Cannot say I'm interested in the numbers.

> When i look at the knoppmyth/linhes forums, there doesn't seem to be a
> lot of activity, which could be due to low user numbers, or could be
> because it all just works out of the box :)

I think for a lot of users, things just work! Additionally, there is a lot
that is documented on the forum.

> Also how do you feel about continuing to maintain what seems to be a
> pretty much solo effort - it must be alot of work for one guy and a
> few helpers (or do I have that wrong).

For me, fatigue does settle in... However, I'm not the  only one working on
LinHES. A "stable" R7 is just around the corner. Over the past month or so,
the team has really done a lot of work!

> Oh, and like the other posters, congrats to you and the myth devs :)

Thanks!

> > --
> > Enjoy the day,
> >
> > Cecil