[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 22:27:25 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>wrote:

> On 11-07-29 04:58 AM, warpme wrote:
> >
> > First impression after switching: features stability is not worse than
> 0.24, but I still had deadlocks (less frequent but still present).
>
> Yeah, only a day after upgrading to master I have a deadlocked (i.e.
> doesn't respond to client connection requests) BE again.  The infamous
> mysqlclient_r library is implicated, again:

Since you are already using master, I would strongly suggest a git pull, and
then make distclean...  Daniel has applied the ticket from #5501 into master
now, which includes a fairly comprehensive rework of how database
connections are handled with respect to thread-safety, etc.  I would expect
that if the issues were DB-related, the current code in master may well fix
the problem, or at least make it a lot better, and more predictable.

Of course, it *is* the development branch, but you are already on it...
so... :)