[mythtv-users] How to make mythbuntu 10.4 system disk clone bootable?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 13:38:30 UTC 2011

On Aug 8, 2011 8:30 AM, "Kris B." <krisbee at krisbee.com> wrote:

> That is correct - when you copy a partition, unless you are doing a full
dd, the boot sectors don't get set up.  Easily fixed - just get into a
working system, and you install grub on the disk you need a boot loader to
point at the correct disk (usually the same one, but not always!) and off
you go.
> --
> Kris B.
> krisbee at krisbee.com

The trick is getting that done. As I said earlier (at least I think I did),
the grub install command (grub-install?) refuses, saying something about no
partition found. However, I can mount and read files in the partition, so
that's not exactly true.