[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Lawrence Rust lvr at softsystem.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 16:41:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-06 at 09:10 -0700, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
[snip]
> If you looked at the change that Daniel put in to make this work, you
> will see that this was an intentional message so that the developers
> will go and fix the various queries, but have it still "working" in
> the mean time.

OK, Daniel said that this was a workaround and that was what I was
expecting.

> Note: If you see the DB error message, it really does indicate code
> that needs fixing.
>

> It will get fixed, it's only been 21h since that commit went in :)

Sure - all I said was that the workaround did what it was supposed to
and that it looked like the cause was a bug in the import recorder, not
a setup issue.

Maybe my bug report #9964 should be reopened as an import recorder
problem.

--
Lawrence