[mythtv-users] MySQL related BE deadlocks - collective wisdom needed

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 16:10:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 1:42 AM, Lawrence Rust <lvr at softsystem.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for making this change - it restores LiveTV again from my import
> recorder and enables me to continue testing.  However, the BE produces
> this error messge:
>
> 2011-08-06 10:04:58.926519 E  Original query failed, but resend with
> empty strings in place of NULL strings worked.
> DB Error (MSqlQuery):

If you looked at the change that Daniel put in to make this work, you will
see that this was an intentional message so that the developers will go and
fix the various queries, but have it still "working" in the mean time.

I checked my BE setup and found nothing odd so I deleted all capture
> cards, video sources, connections and channels and re-created the import
> and demo recorders but got the same message.

Yes, and you will continue to get it until the queries themselves are fixed.
 Relax :)

To quote the commit message:

Note: If you see the DB error message, it really does indicate code that
needs fixing.

It will get fixed, it's only been 21h since that commit went in :)