[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Aug 6 01:02:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Tom Bongiorno <two.bits.11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I attempted my CC install yesterday.  I was able to get a channel map and
> tune by virtual channel number for clearQAM only.  Pairing was
> unseccessful.  I was told to swap out the card.  Today I tried the second
> card and it was worse than the first.  This one didn't even get me a channel
> map.  I was on the phone for almost two hours.  Now I am awaiting a call
> from Comcast to schedule a truck roll.  Joy!!!

This is seeming like a common issue. Not sure why cable companies are
having such issues getting the pairing completed.

On the cablecard tab of the web interface, what message are you seeing
for card authorizion? Is it:

Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs
match those in the current binding

or is it:

Not Validated, Binding Authentication Complete, Validation Message not
received yet

--
Ron Frazier