[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Tom Bongiorno two.bits.11 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 23:53:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net>
> wrote:
> >> Ah, crap. Looks like it was my fault. For the mythbuntu patch, I think
> >> I uploaded the 004 patch and called it 005. My mistake. I must have
> >> grabbed the wrong file off my system. The regular 0.24-fixes patch has
> >> the right code. I'll try to get this fixed shortly. Sorry
> >
> > OK, I fixed version 005, but I've uploaded version 006 which has a few
> > additional tweaks.
> >

> > I was also able to reproduce the tuning problem with the beta firmware
> > and have emailed the logs to Ceton. We'll see what they can figure out
> > for this. From the extra info in the logs, it looks to be the card
> > timing out while waiting for the cablecard to return the CCI info.
> > Whether it's the cablecard's fault or the InfiniTV 4's fault, I can't
> > say, but it certainly looks like it's something way out of my control.
>
> sadly not much better, but it looks to be because Myth doesn't wait
> long enough. I noticed in mythtv-setup I can't control the timeout
> lengths like I can with other tuners. I tried setting a much longer
> time directly in the database, but that too doesn't seem to matter.
>

> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

Hello All,

I attempted my CC install yesterday.  I was able to get a channel map and
tune by virtual channel number for clearQAM only.  Pairing was
unseccessful.  I was told to swap out the card.  Today I tried the second
card and it was worse than the first.  This one didn't even get me a channel
map.  I was on the phone for almost two hours.  Now I am awaiting a call
from Comcast to schedule a truck roll.  Joy!!!

-Tom