[mythtv-users] MythMetadataLookup questions

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue Aug 2 07:24:30 UTC 2011

raptor jr wrote:

> 2. I have never and will never manipulate the database manually. If
> something is wrong in the database, it is either MythTV or MySQL that
> has done something wrong.

I was the one who manipulated the database.  Sorry for getting you
implicated.  It was done after I was experiencing the issues as a means
to attempt to figure out what was going on.  Sue me for trying to learn
a little bit.  I stare at code all day, so am more inclined to tinker
rather than dig in while at home.  By the way, I always do a backup
before I tinker and restore once I am done.

I am a bit concerned about the inetref being tied to recording rules.
As I had mentioned, I use power searches for most everything.  Some of
my rules actually trigger two or three different shows.

There are sporting events as well which will not have an inetref.  With
the previous solution, I was able to save a jpg with a name that matched
the generic title for the basketball games I record and was able to have
artwork 100% of the time.  I'm not sure how this use case will work with
the new system.  Same goes for some local shows I record which
thetvdb.com knows nothing about.  Having an interface to select artwork
from a local file and link it to a title would work, but it appears the
inetref is used as the index.

For the record, I am using Schedules Direct for all my listings data and
having these issues.  The fully automated parts of the new solution has
had about a 40% success rate for me.  I will admit that I am stuck in my
ways of not wanting to switch themes to do the manual lookups (I stopped
playing with different themes after the theme cache was fixed at two).
I was very honest about what I had and had not done.  I was not asking
for help, I was merely attempting to add some data to the conversation
as it appeared that it was being dismissed as implausible.  I think
these changes can be a major upgrade if the kinks can just get worked
out (if it can be admitted there are kinks without hasty commits
disabling automation and snide remarks in the commit log).