[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Aug 2 03:07:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Erik Jensen <eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am having an issue tuning some channels though. The Ceton log shows
>> everything is fine but I get "Error opening jump program file buffer"
>> on my frontend (which is remote from the backend and does not have
>> Ronald's patches applied).
>> Ron, is this something your patch fixes that I should apply it to my
>> frontends as well, or is this possibly something else entirely?
>
> I seem to have this problem with several channels using a ClearQAM
> tuner. The work fine on the local front end, but I get that error with
> a remote front end. Have you tried recording from one of the channels
> and playing back the recording?

See also ticket #9177: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9177

In particular, mdean writes:

  The generic error message, "Error opening jump program file
  buffer," describes the final symptom of many different
  problems--the file MythTV is supposed to play back in Live TV
  doesn't exist. This problem can be caused by system or
  MythTV misconfiguration or, in some cases, MythTV code failures.
  [..]
  In other words, having the message, "Error opening jump program
  file buffer," in your logs messages does /not/ mean you are seeing
  the same issue as the original reporter.

Eric