[mythtv-users] Comcast CableCard Info

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 00:01:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 23:19, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ....   From what I have read elsewhere, Tivo's are
> two-way devices and most of the CSR's probably assume that's what you
> have (even if you say this is for the Ceton).

Tivos are one-way devices.  That is why they too
need tuning adapters (where the cable company
is using SDV).

The only (commonly seen) two-way CC devices are the
set top boxes (at least those with separable security
modules; the older STBs have the functionality built
in).

Since AFAIK Comcast does not allow customer owned
set top boxes, it seems unlikely that they would allow
provisioning of two-way CCs as a normal process/procedure
(I would expect they have ways to escalate to a higher level
for internal testing of new technologies and the always
existent "special circumstances").

Gary