[mythtv-users] Building a database of cablecard encryption (CCI) details

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Aug 1 15:04:17 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Patrick Oglesby <octoberblu3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> While almost all of the channels have 0x00, the premium channels (HBO,
> Showtime) do show 0x02, and I do not subscribe to them.  This is what
> gives me a bit of faith about the others truly being copy free.

You get CCI info for channels you don't subscribe to? That's odd. For
me, Copy Protection comes up as None, and Descrambling Status comes up
as "Not possible (No entitlement)" (which is the flag I look for
before generating the "You do no subscribe to this channel"
message...which you apparently may not have even seen when you ran my
script.

--
Ron Frazier