[mythtv-users] Rebooting MBE and SBE

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 28 16:53:33 UTC 2011

On 04/28/2011 12:17 PM, Jim Morton wrote:
> After rebooting the Master BE it seems that I always have to reboot my
> slave BE.
> Is that normal and is it possible to set things such that the SBE
> can/will reconnect?
> On Mythbuntu 10.04 and Myth 023

IME, the remote backends will re-connect to the master backend.
However, if the remote backend loses the database when the MBE is
rebooted (because you have your DB server on the same host as the MBE),
the remote backend will likely have problems, which could prevent it
from working properly (including preventing it from re-connecting to the
MBE).

Mike