[mythtv-users] How do I disable a tuner

mythtv at blandford.net mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Apr 28 01:38:46 UTC 2011

On 04/27/2011 06:16 PM, Jay Cornell wrote:
> Hi..  I seem to have a bad cable in the basement.  While i am working on
> the cable, is there a way to easily disable a single tuner -- i have two
> connected to a combined frontend/backend.  I know that i can go into
> setup, but i was wondering if i could disable via mythweb or the frontend.//
>
> Btw,  this problem has been going on for a while,  i haven't fixed it,
> because the primary tuner is not having a problem and most shows record
> just fine.  Today, my 11 year old's show recorded b/w with out sound.  I
> tried to explain that i was sorry, and the i understood that the WAF was
> dropping rapidly.  When i explained what WAF stood for, she said it
> should really be called WTF --- thus i have decided to fix.

The easiest way I can think of is to run mythsetup and disconnect the
tuner from the source.  Then all of your configurations are all still
there, but it just won't record on that tuner.

I am not aware of any way to do it from the frontend or mythweb.  As the
configurations move into mythweb in upcoming releases then this will be
possible.

Michael