[mythtv-users] How do I disable a tuner

Jay Cornell Jaycornell at comcast.net
Thu Apr 28 01:16:15 UTC 2011

Hi..  I seem to have a bad cable in the basement.  While i am working on
the cable, is there a way to easily disable a single tuner -- i have two
connected to a combined frontend/backend.  I know that i can go into
setup, but i was wondering if i could disable via mythweb or the frontend.//

Btw,  this problem has been going on for a while,  i haven't fixed it,
because the primary tuner is not having a problem and most shows record
just fine.  Today, my 11 year old's show recorded b/w with out sound.  I
tried to explain that i was sorry, and the i understood that the WAF was
dropping rapidly.  When i explained what WAF stood for, she said it
should really be called WTF --- thus i have decided to fix.

Thank you
Jay