[mythtv-users] HD-PVR power cycling

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Mon Apr 25 18:26:32 UTC 2011

On 25 Apr 2011, at 18:28, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:

> I'm considering producing a nice little USB dongle to power on/off the HD-PVR in the times that it decides to misbehave for whatever reason.  I was wondering:
>
> How many people would be interested in getting one?  I don't know the cost yet, but I will look into that over the next few days.

How about something using a USB serial adaptor, it's pretty common to use DTR to signal there is a similar example here:
http://www.bolis.com/amillar/electronics/serial-port-control-power-switch

You wouldn't need the AC power relay so would be even simpler, a few minutes googling comes up with many similar projects.

btw I don't have a HD-PVR but I am an Electronics Engineer.