[mythtv-users] modprobe.conf

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:02:12 UTC 2011

Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on an Android
smartphone.

Thanks
Richard
On Apr 25, 2011 1:21 AM, "Ken Smith" <kens at kensnet.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have just added a DVB-S2 card to a Centos Myth 0.23 system that
> already has a PVR 350 and two Nova-T DVB cards.
>
> Have I got the syntax right to make sure that the cards initialise as
> the same devices at boot time.
>
> I've got this in modprobe.conf
>
> options cx8800 video_nr=1,2,3
> options ivtv ivtv_first_minor=0
>
> Which I think should make the PVR-350 /dev/video0.
>
> Does the cx88 setting make sure the three DVB devices come up in the
> same sequence?

No. Its just means that cards that report themselves as cx88 will be
assigned the numbers indicated. In the random order that they willbecome
ready the first card ready will be allocated the lowest number allowed for
that chipset. If they all have the same input source this probably won't
matter, and this method works for me where I have a novat500 a peak dvbT.
And a nova S2 hd card. ( in total 2 dual tuner dvbt cards and a single tuner
dvbS2 card).

It didn't matter when there were just two NovaT's but now
> the DVB-S card in there it matters.

Yep.