[mythtv-users] modprobe.conf

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Sun Apr 24 23:21:01 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I have just added a DVB-S2 card to a Centos Myth 0.23 system that
already has a PVR 350 and two Nova-T DVB cards.

Have I got the syntax right to make sure that the cards initialise as
the same devices at boot time.

I've got this in modprobe.conf

options cx8800 video_nr=1,2,3
options ivtv ivtv_first_minor=0

Which I think should make the PVR-350 /dev/video0.

Does the cx88 setting make sure the three DVB devices come up in the
same sequence? It didn't matter when there were just two NovaT's but now
the DVB-S card in there it matters.

Thanks

Ken

believed to be clean.