[mythtv-users] How big is your database on disk?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 12:30:30 UTC 2011

Do you run the optimize_db script; I have it running as a cronjob, I
dont know what is the "optimum" interval for running it, I am sure
weekly would be sufficient. You never know it might help. If you have
"jumpiness" it maybe your frontend isnt quite up to the job of running
it smoothly.. I tend not to use the on-screen scheduler and use
mythweb for nearly all scheduling (connecting over SSH &
portforwarding on my android phone, using the connectbot app, and
using mythweb remotely when needed).