[mythtv-users] Vergin Media V+ HD

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Fri Apr 22 10:42:49 UTC 2011

On 21 Apr 2011, at 17:55, Mike Perkins wrote:

> My Samsung V-box outputs via SCART, there is no separate s-video socket, but the
> sync signal seems to be missing from the interface. Therefore I can only get
> composite, not S-Video as I originally expected :(

The sync output on a scart socket IS the composite signal, might be worth looking at the configuration of whatever you are feeding it into?

It may be that when you enable RGB or YC (Svideo) mode something changes with the sync/composite output but that's not common. Usually in RGB mode there is still composite coming from the composite/sync pin, in YC mode the composite becomes Y (black & white) but it should still have sync or very little would ever work with it!

Might be worth hooking up just the composite output and see what you get in each scart mode.

Andre