[mythtv-users] Missing mythfrontend.log

Mike Bennett mbppg at comcast.net
Thu Apr 21 18:38:33 UTC 2011

Okay so this is the last issue I seem to be having with my main myth
box. It is fedora 14 0.24-7 with everything almost working. While I was
looking for a fix for the tmdb.py fix someone suggested that I look at
the mythfrontend.log file to what was going on. Well I could not find a
file called mythfrontend.log on the system, I had no problem finding
the  the mythbackend.log in the /var/log/mythtv folder. I start
mythfrontend from a shortcut I made for the executable in the /usr/bin
folder. After doing a little research online it looked like I need to
start mythfrontend with the --service command but then mythfrontend does
not start. If I take the --service out it starts fine but no
mythfrontend.log. Any ideas

--
regards,

Mike Bennett