[mythtv-users] Intermittent BBC recording problem

Adam Huffman bloch at verdurin.com
Thu Apr 21 16:03:04 UTC 2011

In the last few weeks, I've started seeing an irritating problem with
recordings of BBC channels.  There seems to be what looks like an
intermittent reception problem - every 20-30 minutes or so, the
recording appears disrupted (typical digital TV blocking you'd see with
bad reception, skipping etc) for roughly 3 minutes and then is fine,
until the cycle starts again.  So far it only seems to be affecting BBC
recordings.

The backend system is an Asrock ION 330-HT, with 2GB RAM.  Recordings
are saved to a Synology NAS mounted via autofs/NFS over GigE.  The
capture device is a Hauppauge Nova-TD USB stick, with twin tuners.  It's
running Fedora 14 with 0.24 RPMs from RPMFusion.

I'm playing recordings via uPnP on a PS3.

Is there something I should look for in the backend log that would help
track this down?  It's becoming rather annoying...

Adam