[mythtv-users] frontend can't login into backend

Jim Morton Jim at Morton.hrcoxmail.com
Tue Apr 19 17:08:12 UTC 2011

On 4/19/2011 12:01 PM, Mike Bennett wrote:

> On 04/19/2011 09:25 AM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> Okay I tried the info on resetting the passwords and still the same
>>> thing. I verified that I had the pin set to 0000 in the general setting
>>> on the main myth setup. Now if I change the IP setting on the remote
>>> frontend database ssetup to point to the host name myth.mbppg.com
>>> instead of the actual IP then it seems to get past the login but then it
>>> says "cannot find (ping) database". If I uncheck the ping it stops
>>> responding and I had to stop the backend and then rerun the remote setup
>>> and recheck the ping box then restart the backend just for the screen to
>>> show back up.
>> Are you sure you have MySQL configured to listen on the network?
> No how would I do that?

Did you follow the link I sent?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:MySQL

here is a clip of the pertinent entry

Q: When running mysqlcheck I get the error message "Access denied for
user ..."
A: The problem may be that you are using the wrong password. The
following commands will change the mysql password to "mythtv":
# mysql -u root -p mysql
myqsl> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'mythtv'@'localhost'
-> IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv' WITH GRANT OPTION;
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD('mythtv') WHERE user='mythtv';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
mysql> quit

Note that you will have to change the database password in the mythtv
setup to "mythtv" once you get it running again.

end of clip