[mythtv-users] Missed recordings

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 16:37:50 UTC 2011

On 19 April 2011 12:23, Bernard Giannetti <thebernmeister at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am using Mythbuntu 10.10 with MythTV 0.24-fixes.  I use Shepherd (screen
> scraper) to acquire my guide data but I've had this issue happen when using
> vanilla EIT.
>
> I notice that I'll have recordings set to go and then a guide update will
> occur and I'll see this message on the right (in MythWeb Upcoming
> Recordings) where it says Don't Record | Never Record:
>
>     "Not airing in timeslot this day"
>
> What I suspect is that the guide data changes slightly - the show may change
> it's start time by one or two minutes and as such the scheduler I guess
> deems this recording invalid.
>
> To record a show I select it from the Listings, select Record Only This
> Showing and click Update Recording Settings.  I don't set any rules or do
> anything exotic.

Are you recording whole series like this, or just one-off programmes?

In addition to Mike's reply (I'd estimate about 80-90% of my rules are
"Any channel" recordings), you might want to use the standard "Find
and record one showing of this title" rule for one-off shows instead
of your current "Record only this showing" as it is not constrained to
a particular timeslot (although note there are also the more specific
find daily/weekly options) and will handle shows subtly altering their
start times.

Cheers,
Nick

--