[mythtv-users] Partitioning advice request

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Fri Apr 15 16:37:12 UTC 2011

On 4/15/2011 11:51, francis3 wrote:
> * Mike Perkins<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>  [150411, 11:31]:
>> I agree with all of the above, but surely the point of having one drive per
>> tuner is that you reduce head movement - assuming mythtv is smart enough to
>> spread the recordings around.
> Assuming I add another 2T drive for recordings, do I have to play with
> storage groups to spread the recordings between the two drives?

You don't need to.  The disk scheduler in MythTV will automatically
allocate recordings to disks based off recording load and free space.
If you have multiple folders on the same disk, it will recognize them as
such based off the total and free space.  You can also adjust the
scheduler to operate only based off load, or only based off free space.