[mythtv-users] Partitioning advice request

francis3 francis3 at libero.it
Fri Apr 15 16:09:37 UTC 2011

* Mark Lord <mythtv at rtr.ca> [150411, 09:16]:
> On 11-04-15 05:37 AM, francis3 wrote:
> >
> > Do you think that a SSD drive would be a good idea for OS and DB?
>
> Absolutely. I use SSDs as system drives in just about all of my machines
> here now.  The Mythtv box was the first to get one, though.
> Now it boots much more quickly, and runs quiet and cool.

Good to know your opinion.

> I use a single 2TB WD "Green" drive in it for recordings/videos,
> and that drive is also pretty much "silent".  Much much more quiet
> than other drives I have used before trying that model.

I usually use Seagate Barracuda drives. The last I got, the 2TB
Barracuda LP, now in RMA, was not that silent.
I temporarly have mythtv on a 1TB WD Caviar Green and I'm
satisfied with it.

> At some point soon, I will add a second 2TB WD Green drive
> to increase storage.  I don't expect to hear any extra noise from it.

Thank you for your opinion.

regards
f.

--
francis3  - GnuPG Key ID = 05A867E6
Key fingerprint = 2622 A58F DAE3 034B 986A  B456 FC80 DD7F 05A8 67E6