[mythtv-users] LIRC and MythBuntu 10.10

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Fri Apr 15 15:24:12 UTC 2011

On 11-04-15 07:28 AM, Greg Hormann wrote:
..
> I then tried to configure using serial port.  I copied over the
> lircd.conf file from the old server, setup hardware.conf and restarted
> the service.  The lirc_serial module seems to correctly load, but the
> it doesn't change the channels.  (Unfortunately this blaster doesn't
> light up like the HD_PVR, so I can't see if a signal is actually being
> sent, but if I plug it back into the old mythserver it still works..)

I didn't break it, but I can fix it.

Grab this tarball, unpack it, and use "make clean install".
Then reboot.  Presto, working lirc_serial blaster.

     http://rtr.ca/lirc_serial_fixed.tar.gz

Mind you, it only works as well as the code therein.
I find it to be rather spotty when run on a busy mythtv system.
Sometimes it works, sometimes it only partially works,
depending upon how busy the rest of the system is.

Someday I really ought to write a proper implementation for this thing,
except I don't actually need/use it myself.

Cheers