[mythtv-users] Sasktel IPTV (Microsoft Mediaroom) - Again.

richard Woelk richardwoelk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 15:58:14 UTC 2011

Is anyone successfully using LIRC to control their MAX box? I can't get
> good codes out of my new remote using an USB MCE receiver.  The VIP_1200
> codes on the LIRC site don't seem to do the job - at least I can't use
> it to control Myth (and therefore don't hold much hope that I'll be able
> to use lirc to control the stb...)
>
> Greg

Greg, I was not able to get MCE to record or blast to the VIP_1200. The code is too fast.
I did find a code in the HDPVR blaster that is able to make it work.

I am using fedora 14, and only the latest kernel seems to work.
The HDPVR receiver doesn't show repeats, so I still use the MCE to receive.
I run two lircd daemons from this script run from /etc/rc.d/rc.local

#!/bin/bash
#/etc/lirc/runlirc.sh

# forces lirc_zilog as /dev/lirc0 and mce as /dev/lirc1

rmmod lirc_zilog
rmmod ir_lirc_codec
sleep 2
modprobe lirc_zilog
modprobe ir_lirc_codec

lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc0 --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd1
--pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd1.pid
lircd --driver=default --device=/dev/lirc1 --output=/var/run/lirc/lircd
--pidfile=/var/run/lirc/lircd.pid