[mythtv-users] find orphans.py question

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Mon Apr 11 23:20:52 UTC 2011

On 4/11/2011 18:41, Greg wrote:
> My question is why it didn't find the png's?

An orphaned snapshot is defined as an image with no matching recording
in the database.  A recording will have a basename like
2047_20110410200000.mpg, so any file with '2047_20110410200000' in the
name will be presumed to match to that recording and be removed from the
list.

> One other question is why does it target my db_backup's?...I really don't want to delete my backups..

It doesn't target the database backups.  Backups are not listed anywhere
in the database, so it is not possible for them to be 'orphaned'.  The
script is merely listing which ones it has found.  If you look closer,
the script offers no option to delete these files.