[mythtv-users] OT: Myth backend, XBMC with MythBox add-on?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Apr 11 08:23:29 UTC 2011

2011/4/11 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
> Macosx is based on nextstep which is itself based on freebsd components

No...Mac OSX is based on Darwin. Darwin is based on NeXTSTEP, which is
proprietary, closed sourced  and based on **BSD** not FreeBSD. First
version of NeXTSTEP was released in 1989, the FreeBSD project started
in 1993...it's quite hard to base a project on components which
doesn't exist yet.

> As the mach kernel was designed to be freebsds kernel (but never was) you
> can indeed say that macosx is a derivative of freebsd.

But it did go into GNU Hurd which is also based on BSD...using the
same logic, can we now PLEASE all agree that Mac OS X is running GNU
Hurd?

...Mac OSX != FreeBSD != GNU Hurd

As JYA said: No Apple product ever ran on FreeBSD.

> Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on an Android
> smartphone.

Please don't top post...

Best regards
Kenni