[mythtv-users] SOLVED Random lockups on Mythbackend

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Apr 11 00:08:52 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----

For what it's worth, I've only ever had 2 problems in 20 years with Realtek
NICs; one was an 8139c that was a bad card, and the other, on a motherboard
(ASUS, I think) that... no, that wasn't even a Realtek; in that case, the
Realtek was the *fix* (an 8169 on a PCI card, replacing dual Gigabits
for which the SuSE 11.2 drivers were simply too new, and locked the box up
hard regularly, but not repeatably).

So only one.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra