[mythtv-users] Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Thu Apr 7 17:37:20 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 12:39:12PM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 4/7/2011 09:47, Marc Sherman wrote:
> > On 4/7/2011 9:03 AM, Richard Morton wrote:
> >> By using an atom as a backend you are below the recommended spec and when/if
> >> the scheduler runs (due to new recordrule, mythfilldatabase or eit data) the
> >> cpu will be the bottleneck and playback will almost certainly stutter.
> > Does that apply to my usecase? All the scheduling and database
> > management is done strictly in the primary backend, right? I'd be
> > keeping the mbe on my basement server, only running a slave upstairs on
> > the atom.

...rerunning the scheduler doesn't seem to bother any of my frontends that
are all ION boxes and my combo BE/FE that is an ION box. The crapulence of
the Atom certainly may pose a problem but it tends to get overblown by some
people.

   My master backend is "beefy" but most of my other myth boxes are not.

[deletia]