[mythtv-users] 'Good stuff' v 'everyday' storage setup question

Harry Coin hcoin at quietfountain.com
Thu Apr 7 14:36:37 UTC 2011

I bet there are many who like me separate their media world into
generally two buckets, 'important to keep over the years' and
'everyday'.    Favorite shows, home movies, and the like we want to
store on backed up media/RAID.  The everyday material can accumulate on
lone backend server drives as when those eventually die it's a bother
but not a heartbreak.

The struggle I'm having with mythtv is setting up a disk storage
structure that reflects that fact while being usable.  The tension comes
as I need help seeing how to move a group of shows from the 'everyday'
category into the 'important and backed up' category -- within mythtv,
without using programming or command line skills.

A secondary issue is that I'd like to have all my 'important' shows in
the same menu tree, whether they started off as home movies or received
via broadcast media.

I'm sure someone has solved this already, please share!

Harry Coin