[mythtv-users] Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Thu Apr 7 13:07:14 UTC 2011

On 4/7/2011 8:38 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 11-04-06 11:34 PM, Marc Sherman wrote:
>> Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?
>
> I have a Zotac HD-ID11 as my "test" system for mythtv.
> It runs 0.24 combo front/back/mysql ends, with commflag
> and full VDPAU Advanced 2X playback just fine with a
> single HVR-950Q tuner for DTV.

Ah, that's great news. I'd be offloading the commflag to the master
backend in the basement, and I'm guessing that the commflag load is much
heavier than the second recording would be.

One more question about the 950Q -- are you using the IR input from
that? Does it work well with lirc? I'm currently using the HDHR to drive
IR for my upstairs frontend, so I'd need to switch to the 950Q's if I
want to get rid of it.

> I haven't tried it with two recordings at once from separate tuners,
> but I could (later) if that would be useful.
> I have two 950Q tuners on hand.

Sure, if you don't mind throwing a second one on there and trying it
out, I'd appreciate the info. Thanks!

- Marc