[mythtv-users] Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Thu Apr 7 03:34:45 UTC 2011

I'm currently recording with an HDHomeRun, but Mark Lord's recent posts
in the thread "Hardware Purchase" are making me wonder if I should
consider switching to the 950Q to improve reception of some iffy channels.

But I'm constrained by the location of my machines. Currently I have two
machines in my mythtv setup: a home server in the basement running the
master backend and a frontend for our family room tv, and on the top
floor, an Acer Veriton N282G running the frontend for a second tv.

The machine's specs are here:
http://www.acer.com/acer/productv.do;jsessionid=484163517D15772B8FC048319034243C.public_a_us004?LanguageISOCtxParam=en&kcond61e.c2att101=86117&sp=page16e&ctx2.c2att1=27&link=ln438e&CountryISOCtxParam=CA&ctx1g.c2att92=475&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=4161443047

The HDHomeRun is located in the same room as the Veriton; it's fed by an
antenna in the attic. So I'm wondering if that Veriton is beefy enough
to run the frontend, a slave backend, and handle OTA digital recordings
off of two 950Q tuners.

Does anyone have any experience with a similar system?

- Marc