[mythtv-users] MythArchive in 0.24: Sorting broken in 'Select Recordings'

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 6 17:21:13 UTC 2011

On 06/04/11 17:48, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 04/06/2011 10:38 AM, Paul Harrison wrote:
>> No the problem was the list of recordings sent by
>> RemoteGetRecordedList() was changed to be always unsorted when
>> previously it was always sorted by time either ascending or descending
>> depending on the passed parameter. This is something outside of
>> MythArchive's control. I believe this should now be fixed by sphery in
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/e965e4bab1d37fd9fa94a5.
>>
>> The call to RemoteGetRecordedList() in
>> RecordingSelector::getRecordingList() is passing true when it should be
>> 1 but the result should be the same.
>
> Oops.  Sorry.  I searched the mythtv code for use of the functionality,
> but didn't search mythplugins.  I keep forgetting that MythArchive uses
> a lot of the recordings functionality.  I'll try to do better in the future.
>
> And if you haven't flipped the boolean (just for consistency) by the
> time I look at the code, again, I'll do it.
>
> Mike

OK Mike.  I'm glad this has resurfaced and is (nearly) fixed.  Will it
get to 0.24-fixes soonish?  And I remember that a few months ago you
explained how 'And' and 'The' were treated in the recordings list.
Could that be included too, for consistency, as I asked (without patch)
in the ticket?

Thanks a lot,

John P