[mythtv-users] three questions with DVB-T

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Apr 6 07:48:07 UTC 2011

On 06/04/11 00:15, Matt Harrison wrote:

> Not sure where to go from here, looks like I'm just gonna be stuck with
> semi-functional hardware...unless anyone has any more ideas ;)
>
> Thanks

Hi:  I've read this thread with some frustration because it's seemed
remarkably lacking in specific information.  I have a dual tuner with
the same chipset that gave problems initially but now works quite well,
even when it's using two channels.  Project-X finds frames out of order
or of the wrong length more often than with my other cards but usually
manages to compensate and any glitches are pretty well unnoticeable on
my setup.

After the flaky start thing got better when I moved from Fedora 12 to
Fedora 13.  There was a thread about the Kworld device on Myth-users
before that.

I'll copy this from my post on ATrpms-users (Request for V4L update) at
the time:

> I started this thread because I had a dual-tuner dvb-t usb device that seemed capable of giving good recordings but was unreliable.  I have tried to minimise its use.  Yesterday a tennis-and-EIT based reschedule activated it and it made 3 simultaneous long and near-flawless recordings from 2 multiplexes.
>
> This change is probably because I've gone (on this box) from f12 to f13 - or maybe it's just time, and f12 has it too.  No v4l modules.  It looks now as if it might have been a good buy.  I got it from Maplin. dmseg lines are:-
>
> dvb-usb: found a 'TwinHan AzureWave AD-TU700(704J)' in warm state
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
> af9013: firmware version:4.95.0
> usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_af9015
>
> and I have /etc/modprobe.d/no-af9015-remote.conf
> containing
> options dvb-usb-af9015 remote=-1
>
> which may, or may not, be doing something useful.

Cheers,

John P